D

Saturday 22 February 2014

Eedris Abdulkareem Again! “I Am The Reason EveryBody Is Getting Paid Today”



Some years back, Eedris Abdulkareem was one of the leading artistes in Nigerian and there’s no concert or event without him in it but it changed after a brawl with American rapper 50 Cent and during a Star Mega Jamz concert organised by Nigerian Breweries years ago the fight with Obasanjo after the song ‘jagajaga’.
Speaking with Saturday Beats recently, Eedris says that he doesn’t regret the fight, claiming it was what revolutionised the music industry in Nigeria today.

“I am the reason everybody is getting paid today. I am the reason everybody is doing great videos. If I didn’t fight then, everybody would have been treated like dirt.”“My vacancy is still there. Nobody is singing my kind of songs. They are scared. They cannot wear my shoe because it is painful. I will always be relevant whether anybody likes it or not. If what happened to me when  former President Obasanjo fought me because of my song, Nigeria Jagajaga, and the 50 Cent wahala, had happened to another musician, people would have forgotten about that person a long time ago. But I am here and I will always be here. It was God that put me there.“Who among the new musicians is touching the lives of people? If you like, join illuminati, have a lot of women friends and talk about boobs and booty, it doesn’t make sense to me. What I want to do is to make a mark in people’s lives. I don’t care about the money they make.”

methinks this man should go and rest tho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Index Labels